Friday, June 13, 2008

What does life mean to Barack Obama?

At a town hall meeting in Kaukauna, Wisc., Thursday afternoon, amidst questions about health care and the economy, a young man said he had a question for Sen. Barack Obama, D-Illinois, and Obama should "please be as intellectual or spiritual as you would like."

"Well this is a lot of pressure," Obama said to laugher.

"My question is: what does life mean to you?" the young man asked.

Obama hemmed and hawed for a moment but then he issued forth with this:

Obama continued, "what life means to me is that every day I wake up trying to figure out how can I secure their futures and the futures of all children, ...How can I make sure that we are giving a planet and a country to them that is better than the one we got? And, you know ,so I guess what I’ve discovered is that life doesn’t count for much unless you’re somehow giving yourself to something larger to yourself. And that’s part of my Christian faith. It’s also part of the reason I am running for president of the United States."

Well I may not agree with Obama's spiritual reference but I cannot find any fault with the rest of his sentiment. I live my life much the same way.

1 comment:

Don't feed the trolls!
It just goes directly to their thighs.